Tuesday, December 13, 2005

12/13 DC/MD/VA Winter Weather Alert

What?
Significant Icing event. Moderate Icing event and Light Icing event
Some Accumulating Snows
 
Where?
Significant Icing: Immediate Piedmont: Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina
Major Icing: Immediate Piedmont to 35 miles west of I-95; Maryland, Virginia
North  Carolina : West Central NC
Light Icing: I-95 to about 35 miles west of  I-95: West Central NC
Snows: Higher elevations of Northern Virginia and Western Maryland. A large Part of Pennsylvania, West 40 miles west of I-95
 
When? Starting Thursday Early Morning South overspreading northern areas by Late Morning
 
Comments: Tough call in many ways. A lot of precip will fall over very shallow cold air. The Warm air appears to truly Surge over the area and warm areas close to or above freezing. There is a chance for significant rains as well. If things stay frozen, ice storm conditions could be reached by a lot more areas than what I am indicating on my first guess map. May issue a follow up call tomorrow night.. but my guess may be all the time I have to do.
 
 
Of Note: Large potential Snow Storm early next week!


Great School in Northern Virginia. http://www.ambleside.org


Yahoo! Shopping
Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at Yahoo! Shopping

No comments:

Share!


Share/Bookmark