Sunday, February 07, 2010

WOW! WOW! WOW! What an amazing snow storm! I hate to say more is probably on the way for some!

I measured roughly 28 inches of snow. The airport ( a few miles from here) measured 32 inches. I am probably low due to the compaction factor as I did not get an official measurement (bad weather man!), but I know in the back we have about 31 inches on the ground! So what next?

Do not hate the messenger, but Northern Virginia is starting to look under the gun for a snow, to sleet, back to snow event starting Tuesday. As of now this could be another significant winter storm with snow exceeding 4" in many places already buried under a ridiculous amount of snow. A return to much colder temps also looks possible. This could mean 2 things - the snow track is further south, but the snow is not going anywhere fast!  Of note I will be watching a southern system for next weekend as well, but I THINK this will go far enough south to spare the region.

This is all I have for now.
 

No comments:

Share!


Share/Bookmark